Monday, October 16, 2006

In memory of,

I received a wonderful gift today at work. Leah gave me a shadow box with a picture of Al, his collar and his paw print. It was perfect. I couldn't open it in front of everyone looking at me and the day was hellacious, so I didn't have a chance to close the door and look at it until late in the day, but it was worth the wait. After a day like today I needed something to take my mind off of work. When I showed it to Cole, his eyes became as big as saucers, and he said in a whisper, "Mommy it's Alby, it's Alby. Look there is his collar and his footprint." He hugged the shadow box and said "I sure miss Alby, he was a good boy, I loved him." He asked where I got it and when I said Leah made it, he wanted to call her "right away" and thank her. So thanks Leah, you brightened both of our days and now we have something that we will always cherish in addition to our memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alby....I almost cried when I saw it. And I'm not even PMSing this week!
Yes...thank god this day is over....I've had three glasses of wine!

Vetmommy said...

Amy showed me Al's record today, and I wrote at the end of his August visit, "Be a good boy in your new home." I don't remember writing it, but I do remember how much I liked old Al, even though the only reason I got to see him so much was because he was always getting in trouble.

How nice of Leah to make that for you. It is so hard getting over these guys...