Monday, October 23, 2006

Clarity

Well, the decision finally came to me about working two jobs. I had read Dr. 26's comment and it really hit home for me (the funny thing was she was worried about upsetting me, when she really just clarified my feelings). The next day I was leaving my math test and as I opened the door to the bright sunshine and started my hurried rush to go pick up Cole, I said to myself, "that's it I'm not taking the job." For the first time in weeks I could suddenly breathe easily again. I had a spring in my step. I decided to take out more student loans (yikes) to alleviate the worry over next semester.

The call to the EC didn't go so well and I REALLY hate disappointing people, but sometimes you got to do what is right for yourself. And boy was I glad that after my 5 hour Saturday work session, I didn't have to head over to the EC for an 8 hour shift. I was doubly glad on Sunday when I spent the entire day throwing up and staying in bed, I had previously been scheduled for an 8 hour shift then, too. I was so sick on Sunday that my mom had to take Cole to hockey alone, which made me feel miserable. There is no way I could go off to work every Sunday and miss hockey.

So thanks everyone for your words of advice and wisdom. Being a single parent, full-time employee, and part-time student is more than enough for me. So next time I think crazy thoughts about taking on YET more stress, don't be afraid to tell me I'm CRAZY!

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

I'm sure no one but your coworkers has any idea who Dr 25+1 is! Ha ha.

I am glad/relieved if what I said helped. I am so sorry to hear you were so sick on Sunday! Bummer.

BTW I only think you are crazy about one thing... Colebug.

Leah said...

I just wanted to support whatever decision you made. I too at one time wanted to take on another job and after a few days of thinking about I thought....when do I have time? when will I have time to myself? and I don't even have a Colebug to take care of. I knew you would make the right choice for you and him. Plus, who am I to tell someone that they should or shouldn't do something?