Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Picture this...

Me standing in the front yard with a child sized bright red baseball helmet squeezed onto my head, my hair molded around my face, holding an impossibly small tee-ball bat and laughing so hard I can't stand up straight! My, my what the neighbors must think.

Saturday we took Cole to see the newest "kid" movie out, "Everybody's Hero." It's a cute movie involving a kid that goes searching for Babe Ruth's stolen bat to get his dad's job back, because his dad was blamed for it. Anyway...since then Cole has talked non-stop about baseball. Tonight we stopped at Academy and he picked out a bat (a real one---scary!, can you see the face I'm making as I type this?), a glove, a ball, and of course he sweetly requested a helmet.

After dinner, we played for an hour! We had a blast. I'm surprised how well he can hit the ball when I throw it to him. We took turns hitting and he insisted I wear the helmet when it was my turn (which is why I looked so silly). We chased each other around the yard and practiced throwing and catching, sadly I believe his skills are already on par with mine. So tonight the bat and ball are resting quietly in the garage (out of handy Cole reach) until tomorrow night's "game".

1 comment:

Joey said...

You're such a good mommy! It's hard to find time to do those special things as a single parent - you're awesome! What I really want to see, though, is a real picture of you in the helmet posted on here:)