Monday, March 09, 2009

flu, flu go away!

I've never gone anywhere for Spring Break. When I was a kid, my parents always had to work. When I was a teenager, I had to work. As an adult, still had to work. Now that I have the same school schedule as Cole, I am finally off and we have a trip planned. The trip isn't as exciting as a cruise like Vetmommy has planned, but a trip none-the-less. We are going to Branson, Missouri. My parents love Branson and my friend Jen that has three young kids loves it, too. She assures me there is plenty to do and because they traveled there a lot, she has given us tons of recommendations. Cole and I are excited to be going with my parents and have a good deal planned already. In fact, we are now leaving a day early to visit the King Tut exhibit in Dallas on the way out of Texas. Only one problem...Cole has the flu!

He started with a cough last week and ran a low-grade fever all day Saturday. Saturday night his fever really spiked. He laid in bed with uncontrollable chills and a hacking cough. Sunday morning we headed to the after-hours clinic and they ran a strep and flu screen. He was positive for the flu, :-(. After a long day of a high fever and chills, he felt somewhat better today. He didn't run a fever and was just feeling run down. After dinner, his cheeks seemed rosy again and sure enough the fever was back. We'll spend another day at home and I hope he's feeling good enough to travel in a few days.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Poor Cole! Hope he's better soon!

Vetmommy said...

Cole's illness sounds miserable. I hope he is getting "being sick" out of the way now before your trip. Interesting that we are both traveling with our parents and our kids for Spring Break. We are in the middle! Bon voyage

Alissa said...

I hope you are all well and ready for an awesome spring break. Have fun!