Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Winter Break

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this winter break with Cole. We had a great time. Since I have always had non-teaching jobs any time off of school for him just meant after-school care. Not this time. We kept busy every day and had a great time. We went to several movies:Marly & Me(I cried...such a sap), Bedtime Stories (I didn't cry, but as soon as the credits rolled, Cole asked if I cried), and Tale of Despereaux. I even went to the movies with my mom and saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (I loved it and cried). Cole and I went ice skating, to the gym, Gatti Town, and just hung out at home. We played endless rounds of Wii until I thought my arms were going to fall off. It was a blast. I'm going to love that about teaching, the time off together!

Waiting to sub is FRUSTRATING! The districts aren't in a hurry and they were also off for winter break which meant my paperwork was sitting on someones' desk for weeks. I'm trying to be patient but the downtime is killing me...Oh that and my car. On Friday, my starter went out...lucky me!

I'm just going to keep on being persistent and hopefully will be working soon. If not, I'll going to adopt a cute dog that does tricks and take him panhandling on the streets. :-)

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Pflugerville ISD...

Anonymous said...

Hey...I know a cute dog that loves Cole:)

I hope you have better luck this week after AISD's orientation.

Jen

Maureen said...

I have a sneaky suspicion that those panhandlers make more money than graduate students...