Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sweetest words

Tonight we were talking about planning a weekend trip to a local water park and when I told Cole that my brother and his girlfriend might be going, he rolled his eyes. When I asked why he rolled his eyes, he said "I don't like that word 'girlfriend'". I started to laugh. Lately he has been really embarrassed by this sort of stuff (he even looked away when the robots kissed on WallE). My mom said that she never liked the word "fiancee" and then Cole asked me what that word was and I had to explain that. He was embarrassed again and then said then said he didn't like that word either. I reminded him that someday he would like that word and girls for that matter. He said he was going to get married when he was 10. I said, "Dude you better start looking then, you only have 4 years left." He looked straight at me and in a very serious tone said, "I'm looking at who I'm going to marry". So sweet that boy.

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Good thing you only have one son. Did I tell you Colin asked me, "Mommy, can I PLEASE marry my sister?" because I keep telling him no. So I said maybe, and he said, "We can get married at our house," and Anna said, "NO! We will get married at a church, then have a big party!" How typical!

The Laukkanen's said...

That is so sweet! He can marry Suvi if he wants (but not in 4 years. She has to be at least 16 in the state of Texas!)