Monday, July 28, 2008

Countdown

I have only three weeks left of being employed! I'm excited and nervous. I'm such a planner and facing the uncertain leaves me really freaked out. I do better the less that I think about it. I'm excited to start student teaching and hope my savings hold out so that I don't have to work nights and weekends. I'm just ready to get on with the rest of my life. They have now officially hired two managers to replace me and I hope they do well. I already feel like a ghost walking through the hallway and it was really tough to listen to the latest manager go on about "finally" having a manager to take care of things and etc. I expected to be blamed for everything after I left but it was tough to listen to it while I'm still there and in front of the entire staff to boot. I'm just keeping my head held high. This place has seen me through lots of life changes (getting married, having Cole, getting divorced) and nine years is a long time to spend somewhere. There was a period of over a year that I was the only manager and now there will be six. I'm ready to walk through the doors, being a manager is great training for working with kids and I'll have some great perspective to take with me. Cole is sad that I'm leaving because in a way this was his second home and he grew up there along with me. I'm definitely a different person than I was nine years ago! So here's to my last three weeks and on to the first time in my life that I won't be receiving a paycheck since I was 16!
Cole and I will have to start volunteering at the local animal shelter or something to still play with animals. In the meantime we adopted a kitten last month and she's been fun and bratty. Cole named her Jupiter. My other cat HATES her even though she tries to be as cute as can be. He alternates between ignoring and hissing when she's around. In fact he hissed at her the other night in the dark when I was carrying her and I got the worst cat bite I've ever had when she freaked out. My thumb is still numb from that one! Here are some cute pictures of her and Cole playing on his bed.






4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

NONE of us are looking forward to your departure, and some of us are still in denial. Hopefully you'll feel like you can still come by and visit to get your animal (and gossip) fix.

Leah said...

Its going to be really hard for me to see you go. At least we will still continue to be friends and I can fill you in all the the gossip without you stepping back into BAH. This is going to be a good move for you and your little man. He will enjoy having you off for the summers with him.

Alissa said...

I will really miss you and all that you do. I really rely on you for a lot of things. We have to keep in touch

The Laukkanen's said...

You're leaving?! What?! No, just kidding-I did know that but am one of those in denial! I think of you as a very efficient manager and really depend on you to get things done. That's why it takes so many managers to replace just 1 you!