Friday, February 01, 2008

Child labor laws

Cole loves to "help" when I clean the house. With his help it only takes me twice as long :-) He actually does a pretty good job. Tonight he helped me empty all the trash. He cleaned both bath tubs, sinks, and scrubbed the toliets. He looks very cute scrubbing with his oversized rubber gloves and his face wrinkled in concentration. I'm pretty sure that he has already cleaned more toliets than my 30 year-old brother! Cole even did some of the vacuuming tonight. Boy, I wish I still thought cleaning was fun.

By the way I found our missing SS cards tonight! I dropped my cell phone between my car seats and reached my fingers down to grab it and came up with our cards! I knew they would turn up when I didn't need them. It always kills me that you can look somewhere a million times and not find something and then the next time it suddendly appears. Arrrghh! At least I have Cole's again and this time I will put them in a very safe place.

4 comments:

Alissa said...

If Cole wants some more practice, there is lots he can do at my house! Glad you found your cards, now you have a backup.

Anne B said...

Don't you wish you could do that and find $500 too?

Dana said...

I once "helped" my Mom by washing all the windows on our porch (at least 8) with my grape Kool'Aid. I was so proud of myself and all she could do was stand there and say "thank-you". I think I was three.

Emily said...

I used to like helping my mom around the house and for some reason, I enjoyed cleaning toilets. Until my big sis Jenn told me how disgusting that was and refused to touch me. That pretty much killed my interest in cleaning the bathroom.